Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Not Exactly Quick, But We're Making Progress...

So according to my previous post, things were moving along quickly, and that is still true for the most part. Ninety percent of the key pieces for this bedroom makeover have been sourced, orders have been placed and furniture has been picked up. I'm still stuck on finding the ceiling light fixture and mirror, but other than that, we're chugging along.

The sloooowest part of the process has been the "elbow grease" pieces. The thrifted dresser ($29.99!) underwent a makeover, and since I could only work on it intermittently, it took about 10 days from start to finish. Sand, prime, dry, sand, prime, dry, sand, paint, dry, sand, paint, dry, sand, paint, dry...you get the picture.

Done at last!! Updated from scratched & dented 1960's veneer to a crisp, modern white (Para Paints Whitewash White, 2089-00):


Without missing a beat, I'm onto the next project. I submitted a max bid of $100 through an online estate auction, and the hammer came down at 95 bucks for this pair of bedside tables. I was completely sold when I saw the hardware. The drawers were a bit sticky, but some candle wax easily along the runners quickly sorted that out. After a good wipe down, it will be time to get back to sanding, priming & painting. Good times!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and what a score! Love the hardware for both projects and can't wait to see how the night tables will look after your makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam- you are always finding the greatest things. I have been busy had the living room
    etc. painted and changed around a bunch of pictures, did a grouping of mirrors. Wish you could drop in and see it. Cheers Betty from,Wasaga Beach

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh - those side tables are lovely! Can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)